Mornings can be BUSY – we know this from our own experience and we also hear it a lot from clients. However, just because our mornings are a whirlwind doesn’t mean we can forget about our breakfasts! Do yourself a favor and make breakfast easy! These mini egg frittatas are a great option to make ahead of time and keep in the fridge as a “grab and go” meal. They also make for a perfect snack! Don’t be afraid to add extra veggies. 😉
- 10 large eggs
- 1 cup chopped bell peppers
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 lb ground turkey, cooked
- 1 cup chopped spinach
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a muffin tin or use silicone muffin tin liners – these make cleanup so easy!
- Heat olive oil into a frying pan over medium high heat. Add the bell pepper and onion and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the cooked meat and spinach and cook an additional 2 minutes. Place 1 heaping Tablespoon into each muffin cup.
- Next whisk the eggs into a medium size bowl. Stir in the salt and pepper. Then pour over the meat mixture in the muffin tin, leaving ¼″ from the top.
- Cook for 23 to 30 minutes, or until the egg has puffed and comes clean with a toothpick.
- Run a knife around the edges to pop the egg frittatas out. Enjoy while hot.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Eat within 5 days.