Pumpkin bread – need we say more? This one is made with almond flour and sweetened with maple syrup and is delightfully DELICIOUS!
- 2 cups almond flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 4 eggs, lightly whisked
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup 100% pumpkin puree
For the cream cheese glaze:
- 3 oz cream cheese (we used a vegan cream cheese!)
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1–2 Tbsp unsweetened almond milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9×5-inch loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, maple syrup, vanilla and pumpkin puree and mix until well-combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients in with the dry ingredients, mixing until there are no clumps.
- Pour pumpkin mixture into a prepared 9×5-inch loaf pan and bake in the oven for 45 to 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let the pumpkin bread sit for 5 minutes then remove from pan and let cool completely on a wire rack.
- To make the cream cheese glaze, place cream cheese in a small microwave-safe bowl and heat on high for 30 seconds until softened. Whisk in maple syrup and almond milk, mixing until smooth and runny (we used our immersion blender to get it smooth!).
- Drizzle cream cheese glaze over top of the bread, serve and enjoy!
Recipe from Eat Yourself Skinny