It’s time for Christmas cookies! These grain-free shortbread cookies are slightly sweet and super easy to make!
We accidentally left ours in the oven for a little too long but they were still delicious…just a little extra crumbly!
- 1 ½ cup almond flour – packed
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
Optional add ins
- ¼ teaspoon Salt (we added this!)
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- ½ teaspoon Almond Extract (we added this!)
- Before starting, keep in mind that these are slightly softer than regular shortbread cookies. They are vegan, gluten-free cookies made with wholesome ingredients, crispy on the outside, and chewier in the center.
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium-size mixing bowl, add all the ingredients: almond flour, maple syrup, melted coconut oil, salt, vanilla extract, and almond extract,
- Combine the ingredients with a spatula first, squeeze the dough with your hands to bring ingredients together, and form a cookie dough ball. If too wet, you can add more almond flour.
- Scoop the dough with a measuring tablespoon and roll it into a ball.
- Place each ball onto the lined cookie sheet.
Use a fork to flatten each cookie. The thinner, the crispier they will be. You can add sprinkles now, using a fork to press them gently into the batter.
Bake for 10-12 minutes until slightly golden and slightly hard on top.
Cool on the cookie sheet for 5 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack to completely cool down.
Recipe from The Conscious Plant Kitchen.