Pasta salad is a great addition to a summer cookout! Next time you make it, try switching it up to make it more nutritious…but still delicious. 😉 How? Use bean noodles, load it up with colorful veggies, and incorporate healthy fats into the dressing!
- One package Banza chickpea noodles
- Vegetables of choice (we used cucumber, tomatoes, shredded carrots, and peppers – other options include broccoli, cauliflower, spinach, etc.)
- Optional: olives
For the dressing
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- freshly ground salt and pepper, to taste
- Optional: 1 tbs tahini to make it a little creamy!
- Place a large pot of water over high heat, bring to a boil. Add the pasta and cook according to the package’s directions. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, prep the veggies.
- Place all ingredients for the dressing in a blender (or use an immersion blender) and blend until fully combined.
- In a large bowl, combine the pasta, veggies, and dressing. Stir well.
- Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve