An easy and flavorful meal that’s perfect for busy nights! Everything gets cooked in one skillet so that means fewer dishes – YAY! If you’re really crunched for time, you can minimize prep time by buying pre-chopped vegetables!
- 1 lb skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 zucchini, sliced
- 2 red bell peppers, chopped into chunks
- 1 broccoli crown, broken into florets
- 1/2 onion, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning, divided
- 1/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth (water would be okay too!)
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley, for garnish
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili pepper flakes, optional
- In a large bowl add the chicken bites and season with salt and pepper. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil and cajun seasoning and toss until coated.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add seasoned chicken bites and cook for about 5-7 minutes until the chicken is cooked through. Remove to a plate and set aside
- In the same skillet, stir fry the onion (add a little olive oil if needed) for 2 minutes, then add broccoli, zucchini, and bell pepper. Season with remaining 1 tbs Cajun seasoning and cook on medium until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Deglaze with chicken stock, then add the cooked chicken bites back to the skillet and mix to combine. Garnish with red chili pepper flakes and fresh parsley if desired. Can be served with rice. Enjoy!
Recipe from Eat Well 101