Garlic, cilantro, and lime – YUM! We served this chicken over Spanish rice and Amy’s Organic refried beans. Then we topped it with avocado and tomatoes!
- 3 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lime juice (Juice of 2 limes)
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon red chili (or pepper) flakes
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar (we used coconut sugar instead)
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 6 bone-in skin-on (or off) chicken thighs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh cilantro leaves to serve
- Lime slices or wedges to serve
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
- In a medium-sized shallow bowl, whisk together 2 tablespoons olive oil together with the lime juice, chopped cilantro, chili flakes, garlic, sugar and cumin. Add the chicken thighs to the marinade and toss to evenly coat. Cover and refrigerate thighs for 15 minutes.
- Heat the remaining one tablespoon of oil in a non stick pan or cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add in the thighs along with any marinade left over in the bowl, and sear chicken — skin-side down — for 4 minutes on each side until golden and crispy (chicken will not be fully cooked).
Transfer to preheated oven and bake until the chicken is cooked through (about 15-20 minutes).
Garnish with fresh cilantro leaves and lime slices or wedges.
Serve over steamed rice or cauliflower rice, and drizzle with the pan juices.
Recipe from Cafe Delites