A fruit-filled spinach salad with a honey poppy seed dressing! This is a great side dish that will add a lot of color and flavor to your meal!
For the dressing:
- ⅔ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ⅓ cup white balsamic vinegar
- 2 ½ tablespoons honey
- 1 ½ tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1 tablespoon finely grated ginger or ginger paste
- 1 teaspoon smooth Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic finely minced
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
For the salad:
- 8 cups baby spinach
- 6 medium clementines peeled, halved and cut in ¼-inch slices (we used oranges instead)
- 1 medium ripe avocado cored, halved, peeled and sliced into one-quarter-inch slices
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- ½ cup pomegranate seeds
For the dressing: Combine all ingredients in a jar and shake, shake, shake! That’s it!
For the salad: Place spinach in a large bowl. Top with clementines and avocados. Drizzle lightly with 2-3 tablespoons of the Honey Poppyseed Dressing and toss gently. Top with pomegranate arils and candied pecans.
Recipe from The Cafe Sucre Farine