Enjoy the iconic Olive Garden Salad at home!
- 2 heads of romaine, chopped
- 2 Roma tomatoes, sliced
- ¾ cup pepperoncinis
- ¾ cup large black olives
- ½ cup thinly sliced red onion
- ½ cup shredded or shaved Parmesan cheese*
- 1 cup croutons of choice**
For the Dressing:
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, grated or finely minced
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ½ teaspoon fine salt + more to taste
- Pinch of black pepper
- (Here is a store bought dressing option from Whole Foods)
- In a large bowl, combine the romaine salad mix, tomatoes, pepperoncinis, black olives, red onion, Parmesan, and croutons.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients.
- Pour desired amount of dressing over the salad (recommend starting with about half of it) and toss gently to combine.
- Garnish with cracked black pepper and additional Parmesan cheese, if desired.
*For dairy-free, omit the Parmesan cheese, or use dairy-free cheese
**For gluten-free, omit the croutons, or use gluten-free croutons
Recipe modified from: The Real Food Dietitians