Tomato soup and grilled cheese…the perfect cold weather combo!
How does our version of this classic favorite differ from others? The tomato soup is made from veggies and is pureed to become creamy, it has added fiber and protein from Tolerant Foods bean noodles, and the grilled cheese is made with better quality bread – a true sourdough bread!
We can and should still enjoy our favorite foods – and sometimes we can make them a bit more nourishing too!
- 1 box Tolerant Foods bean noodles (they have kid-friendly shaped pasta available!)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped or pressed
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 28oz can crushed tomatoes
- 4 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- Chopped parsley for topping
- Cook Tolerant Foods pasta according to package directions. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan or Dutch oven heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and carrot and saute until onion is softened, 6-8 minutes. Add garlic, thyme, salt, and pepper and saute 1 minute more.
- Stir in tomatoes and broth, bring to a simmer, and cook for 15 minutes.
- Use an immersion blender or a regular blender to puree the soup until smooth. Stir in cooked pasta and serve right away, garnished with parsley if desired.
Recipe from Tolerant Foods