Making homemade soup doesn’t get much easier than this! This quick crockpot soup recipe is a great one to keep on hand during the winter months!
- 1lb chicken breasts
- 1 small onion or 1 large shallot, minced
- 2 carrots, minced (~1 cup)
- 2 celery stalks, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed or minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried ground sage
- small pinch dried rosemary, crushed between your fingers
- 1 large or 2 small bay leaves
- 2 Tablespoons ghee
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 3/4 cup wild rice-brown rice blend (we used Lundberg Farms)
*We added mushrooms too!
- Add all ingredients into a 6-quart crock pot then cook on low for 4 hours or until chicken breasts are cooked through. Rice should be done around the same time.
- Remove chicken from the crock pot and place on a plate or cutting board. Using two forks, shred the chicken then transfer it back into the crock pot. Stir back into soup and serve. Enjoy!
Recipe from Iowa Girl Eats