A perfect fall casserole! It is made with rice, sweet potatoes, Brussels sprouts, chicken, almonds, and a few dried cranberries for topping. A delicious all in one meal! We drizzle it with olive oil before serving so that we get our healthy fats in too. 😉
Yields: 8 servings
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided, plus more for baking dish
- 2 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into small cubes
- 1 lb. brussels sprouts, trimmed and quartered
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 c. low-sodium chicken broth, divided
- 6 c. cooked wild rice (we used a mix of brown and wild rice)
- 1/2 c. dried cranberries
- 1/2 c. sliced almonds
- In a large, deep skillet over medium-high heat, heat 1 tablespoon oil. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Add chicken to skillet and cook until golden and cooked through, 8 minutes per side. Let rest 10 minutes, then cut into 1″ pieces.
- Heat another tablespoon oil over medium heat. Add onion, sweet potatoes, Brussels sprouts, garlic, thyme, paprika, and cumin. Season with salt and pepper and cook until softened, 5 minutes. Add 1/4 cup broth, bring to a simmer, and cook, covered, 5 minutes.
- Place cooked rice in a large baking dish and season with salt and pepper. Stir in chicken, cranberries, cooked vegetables, and remaining 1/4 cup broth. Top with almonds and bake until dish is hot and almonds are toasted, 15 to 18 minutes.
Recipe from delish.