We have discussed fats for good health, and salad dressing is a great way to increase your consumption of healthy fats! Unfortunately, however, salad dressings are also a common place for those “bad fats” to sneak in. With this easy, homemade, antioxidant-rich salad dressing, you won’t be reaching for your store bought dressing anymore! Tip: this recipe calls for chopped garlic but, if you’re looking to make this recipe as easy as possible (like we were), just toss the whole clove of peeled garlic into a high-powered blender! No need for chopping. 😉
- 1/4 cup raw unfiltered apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground flax seed
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup grape seed oil
- sea salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Place vinegar, lemon juice, garlic, flax seed, mustard, and oregano in blender and blend until combined.
- While blender is on low, slowly drizzle in the olive oil and grape seed oil and blend until emulsified. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a storage container (mason jars work well!) and store in the refrigerator. Enjoy!