A dessert bread that’s made from whole-food ingredients? Yes please! This lemon poppy seed bread is made with oat and almond flour, sweetened with honey, and flavored with fresh lemon juice, lemon zest, and almond extract. The combination of flavors from the lemon + almond extract has us ooo-ing and ahhh-ing over this bread. Its the perfect summery sweet treat!
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt (or sub plant based yogurt of choice such as almond or coconut yogurt)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup honey
- zest from 2 lemons
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup oat flour, gluten free if desired
- 1 cup packed blanched fine almond flour
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds (or sub chia seeds)
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the following ingredients until well combined: yogurt, eggs, honey, lemon zest, lemon juice and almond extract.
- Add dry ingredients to the bowl: oat flour, almond flour, poppy seeds, baking soda and salt; mixing with a wooden spoon until well combined.
- Pour into prepared loaf pan. Bake for 35-45 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool bread in pan for 5 mins then remove and transfer to a wire rack; allow bread to cool completely.
Recipe from Ambitious Kitchen