Coleslaw with a few added flavors! This recipe uses tahini and lemon in the dressing…it is creamy, lemon-y, and delicious!
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1 tsp grated lemon peel
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 4 tbs water, or as needed to thin the dressing
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 2 cups shredded green cabbage
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1 rib celery, diced
- 1 apple, cored and sliced into thin strips
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chickpeas (dry or canned)
Optional for Serving
- Fresh parsley leaves
- Fresh mint leaves
- Chopped pecans
- Apple slices
- Lemon slices
- Mix together all dressing ingredients (either whisk in a bowl or process in a small food processor/blender).
- Add apple slaw ingredients to a large bowl.
- Pour dressing over the apple slaw and mix well.
- Top with desired toppings and enjoy!