These “brownies” are the perfect nutritious dessert or sweet snack! Toss everything into a food processor and that’s it! They’re loaded up with healthy fats, protein, antioxidants, and sweetness…could we ask for a better dessert?! We think not. 🙂
For the bars:
- 1 cup packed pitted Medjool dates
- 1/4 cup raw walnuts
- 1/4 cup raw pecans halves
- 1/2 cup shelled pistachios, divided
- 1/4 cup unsweetened finely shredded coconut
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon melted virgin coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup dried goji berries
- 1 tablespoon warm water, if necessary
For the topping:
- 2 ounces dark chocolate (we used Hu kitchen chocolate which is sweetened with coconut sugar this time around but have also used 100% cacao chips melted together with honey or maple syrup)
- 1 tablespoon shelled chopped pistachios
- 1 tablespoon dried goji berries
- 1 tablespoon chopped pecans
- Maldon sea salt, for sprinkling on top (optional)
- Add dates, walnuts, pecans, only ¼ cup of pistachios to the bowl of a food processor. Process until chunky.
- Next add in unsweetened shredded coconut, chia seeds, cacao powder, coconut oil and vanilla extract. Process again until mixture is chunky and slightly clumping. If mixture is dry, add 1-2 tablespoons of warm water.
- Next add in remaining ¼ cup pistachios and dried cranberries and pulse again a few times until pistachios are slightly chunky. Add mixture into a 8×4 inch loaf pan lined with parchment paper, pressing evenly towards the sides of the pan.
- Add dark chocolate to a small saucepan and place over low heat until melted. You can also microwave in 30 second increments, stirring in between until chocolate is fully melted and smooth.
- Pour over the bars, tilting pan so that the chocolate covers the bars evenly. Garnish the bars with 1 tablespoon of the following: chopped pistachios, dried cranberries, and chopped pecans. Place bars in the freezer for 20-45 minutes to harden.
- Once ready to serve, sprinkle with Maldon sea salt then cut into 8 squares. Store safely covered in the freezer for up to 1 month. Enjoy!
Recipe from Ambitious Kitchen