A perfectly sweet, fruity, and simple dessert! It’s sweetened with coconut sugar and maple syrup and is primarily just made from fruit! It’s topped with a crumbly oat topping to give it just the right amount of crisp! We highly recommend giving this one a try. 😉
- 4-5 medium peaches, sliced
- 2 heaping cups fresh blueberries
- 2 tbs coconut sugar or pure maple syrup
- 1 tbs arrowroot powder
- 1/4 tsp cardamom
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/4 cup brown rice flour
- 1/4 cup arrowroot powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup melted virgin coconut oil
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 375. Set out an 8×8 glass baking dish.
- To make the filling, add all the filling ingredients to the baking dish and gently toss together.
- To make the topping, place the rolled oats, brown rice flour, arrowroot powder, cinnamon, and sea salt into a bowl and mix well to combine. Add the melted coconut oil and maple syrup and stir together. Crumble the topping over the fruit.
- Bake the crisp for about 40 minutes. Serve warm. Enjoy!
Pictured: served with our homemade whipped cream!
Recipe from The Whole Life Nutrition Cookbook.