An easy weeknight (or any night) dinner! Protein and veggies all on one sheet pan. If you’re in a big time crunch, buying the pre-cut veggies from the store will speed up the dinner process! The recipe calls for broccoli, but we opted to use cauliflower instead! We also added in mushrooms…have fun with the recipe and use your favorite veggies!
- 5 organic chicken sausage links, any flavor, chopped into bite-size chunks (we enjoy Gilbert’s and Amylu)
- 2 crowns broccoli, chopped into bite-size florets
- 2 sweet potatoes, chopped into bite-size chunks
- 1 red onion, peeled and roughly chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil or avocado oil
- rice, quinoa or whole grain, for serving (optional)
Preheat oven to 400°F. Chop everything and then toss your sausage, broccoli, sweet potato chunks, onion and garlic on the baking sheet.
Drizzle oil over sausage and veggie mixture, sprinkle on salt and pepper and toss to combine.
Place the baking sheet in the pre-heated oven and bake for 15 minutes. Toss the mixture using a spatula and bake for another 10-15 minutes or until sweet potatoes are fork-tender.
Season with additional salt and pepper, to taste and serve over cooked rice or quinoa, is using.
Recipe from Eating Bird Food