These simple meatballs are a staple! Instead of breadcrumbs, these meatballs used ground flaxseed. The simple addition of ground flax boosts the fiber and omega-3 fatty acid content of the meatballs!
- 1 lb ground meat of choice
- 1 egg
- 2-4 tbs ground flax (just enough to help the meat stick together when you scoop it!)
- 1-2 tbs your favorite seasoning (we love using a salt-free garlic and herb blend!)
- ½ tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place all ingredients in a bowl and mix until well combined.
- Use a cookie scoop or spoon to form the mixture into balls (this recipe will yield about 12 meatballs, depending on the size) and place onto a baking sheet.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes. Enjoy with pasta, in soup, on a salad, with roasted vegetables, or as a quick protein-filled snack!
Recipe from Kelly Leveque