This slow cooker meal is a great one to try on spaghetti night! We made a few simple swaps to get it to our liking. 🙂
- 14 oz can diced tomatoes with Italian herbs
- 3/4 cup tomato pasta sauce
- 3/4 cup heavy cream (We used homemade cashew cream instead! If making this recipe, follow the basic instructions for the all purpose cashew cream and add water until your reach your desired consistency.)
- 2 tablespoons corn starch (We used arrowroot starch instead.)
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil
Add tomatoes and pasta sauce to a 3-6 quart slow cooker.
Whisk together cream and corn starch and add to the slow cooker. Stir in garlic, salt, basil and pepper.
Add chicken breasts and press down into the sauce.
Cook on low for 3-5 hours, until a meat thermometer reads 165 degrees F. The exact cook time will depend on your slow cooker — a fuller slow cooker will take longer to cook, so a larger one will cook faster.
Stir in fresh basil and serve over pasta, rice, or with a salad and veggies! (We served it over brown rice pasta and topped it with fresh basil – YUM! Chickpea pasta would work well too!)
Recipe from The Recipe Rebel