A pasta salad can be turned into a nourishing meal! Of course, it’s all about the ingredients you use. We made this pasta salad with chickpea noodles for an extra boost of protein and fiber!
- 2 medium cooked chicken breasts, shredded or chopped (we used rotisserie chicken)
- 2 ripe avocado pitted and diced
- 1 pound cooked rotini pasta or similar (we used chickpea pasta!)
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup freshly chopped basil
- Salt and fresh cracked pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, add the salad ingredients, the shredded chicken, avocado, onion, avocado, cherry tomatoes, and basil.
- In a jar, combine the ingredients for the dressing: vinegar, Italian seasoning, Olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Drizzle your chicken pasta salad with the dressing. Toss gently until all the ingredients are combined. Serve immediately or chill for later. Enjoy!
Recipe from Eat Well 101.