Cashews (especially soaked ones) are a helpful ingredient in making vegan dips; they provide a neutral-flavored, creamy base that can be dressed up with a variety of flavors! This vegan cashew tzatziki is great as a dip or topping for a salad or using as a dip. We hope you enjoy its flavor as much as we did!
- 1 cup cashews, soaked for at least 2 hours
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 tbs tahini
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/2 cup water, more or less for desired consistency
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup cucumber, grated, excess liquid squeezed out
- 1/4 cup fresh dill, finely chopped
- 2-3 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- Add cashews, lemon juice, tahini, garlic, water, salt, and pepper to a food processor and blend until very smooth, scraping down the sides of the container as necessary.
- Remove mixture from processor and transfer to a large mixing bowl. Add cucumber, dill, and olive oil and stir until well combined. Adjust seasonings as desired.
- Store in refrigerator. Enjoy!
Recipe from Food by Maria