We love finding ways to add extra vegetables to meals…and that’s exactly what this pasta sauce helped us to accomplish! Yes, normal pasta sauce is made from tomatoes, but this sauce uses many vegetables that would not normally be found in a pasta sauce. An added perk: it’s creamy from the cashews! We hope you enjoy this sauce as much as we did!
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 packed cup leafy greens (we used spinach – you can also use kale, leaf lettuce, etc.)
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen peas
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1.5 cups water
- 1 heaping tsp sea salt
- 1 large garlic clove
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- Steam the broccoli for a few minutes (don’t overdo it here, the broccoli should still be a vibrant green and slightly crunchy). Drain and add to a high-powdered blender.
- Add all other ingredients to the blender. Blend for 1-2 minutes or until smooth. Add more water if thinner consistency is desired.
- Pour generously over cooked bean pasta (or other pasta of choice). Top with a drizzle of olive oil and (optional) crushed red pepper flakes. Enjoy!