This dip is a perfect example of how we can swap a few ingredients in a recipe to make it a bit more nutrient dense! Instead of sour cream, we used Greek yogurt, and, instead of traditional mayo (such as Hellman’s), we used an avocado oil mayo!
- 1 8-oz block feta cheese
- ½ cup sour cream (we used 0% Greek yogurt instead!)
- ½ cup mayonnaise (we used Sir Kensington avocado oil mayo!)
- Zest from 1 lemon (about 1 teaspoon, packed)
- 1 small clove garlic, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon dried dill
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- ⅛ teaspoon salt (**We left this out because our feta gave the dip enough salty flavor! We recommend leaving the salt out until you try the dip, then add the salt if you need it!)
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, plus more for serving
- Toasted sesame seeds
- Olive oil
- Cut vegetables
- Toasted pita
- Combine all of the ingredients in a food processor or blender and process until smooth. Taste and adjust seasoning, if necessary.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and use a small spoon to create a swirl on the surface of the dip. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds and crushed red pepper flakes, if using.
Recipe from Once Upon a Chef