Another week, another soup recipe! This one is creamy and packed with beans and vegetables!
- 1 tablespoon ghee, avocado oil, or grapeseed oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 cup sliced carrot
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 3 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 3 (15 oz.) cans white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 oz.) can full fat coconut milk
- 3 cups chopped kale or baby spinach
- 1 tablespoon vinegar (apple cider, white wine, red wine, balsamic)
- Kosher salt
- fresh cracked pepper
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium high heat.
- Add onion, celery and carrots. Cook, stirring frequently for 8 minutes.
- Add garlic, oregano, thyme, sage and a large pinch of salt and pepper. Cook for 1 minute, stirring frequently.
- Add broth, white beans, and coconut milk to the pot. Stir to combine.
- If desired, remove about two cups of the soup mixture and blend in a high speed blender.
- Return blended soup to the pot and bring everything to a simmer over medium high heat.
- Turn heat to medium and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in kale and vinegar.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. option to garnish with parsley. Enjoy!
Recipe from Midwest Foodie.